For The Cake
100g (4oz) butter.
2 eggs, beaten
175g (6oz) caster sugar or brown sugar. I use coloured sugar from home bargains!
225g (8oz) sr flour
1teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons milk
2 or 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
50g of chocolate chips or 2 mars bars cut into pieces.
Preheat the oven to 180c or 160c fan. Gas 4
1. Weigh out the flour and caster sugar and put in bowl. Add baking powder
2. Melt butter in microwave, in a measuring bowl for 1 min or in a pan until melted.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in eggs and milk.
4. Mix into the into the flour, baking powder and sugar.
5. Add the mashed bananas and add the chocolate pieces.
6. When everything is mixed in well, spoon the cake into a nice sized cake tin, or spoon into muffin tins or cases.
7. Bake for 20 or 25 mins until well risen, golden brown in colour and shrinking away from edges. Remove from oven and cool for 10 mins.
You can melt 50g (2oz) of chocolate and drizzle over cooled cakes.
Great for breakfast and freezable for 3 months. Store in air tight tin.